Strong Group are acting on behalf of their client who are one of the UK's leading, multi-disciplined business service providers, offering data/IT services and facilities management.
They are recruiting for a Mechanical Estimator on a permanent basis based in Northern England.
* Ideally based around northern England, working from home can also be an option.
* Develop positive relations, ensuring that both the site conditions and project requirements are fully understood.
* Carry out design work, calculations and cost build up to produce a well-presented bid that is both understandable to each client as well as the Project delivery team who have the build and construction responsibility for the installation.
* Obtain external quotations for specific materials, equipment and occasional subcontract activities.
* Put together competitive bids & estimates.
* Attend tender, pre-start meetings, negotiating pre-contract terms and conditions as well as documenting any agreements reached.
* Ensure that health and safety guidelines are incorporated into all proposed activities and tender submissions.
* Mechanical qualifications
* Experience in a previous mechanical estimating role
* Experience of undertaking take offs
* UK Mechanical experience
* Experience of attending tender meetings
* Team player with an enthusiastic, positive approach
* Full driving licence
* Construction industry experience
* Computer Literate - experience using Cypher software System (desirable)
The salary on offer is £50,000 based on experience.
25 days holiday + stats, increasing after 3 full years of service, by one day a year up to 30 days plus bank holidays. Healthcare & Pension, discretionary bonus scheme on offer.
If you would like to hear more about this role, please call Ella on 02039675025 or email firstname.lastname@example.org @ Strong Recruitment Group.